For many, stressing over the infrastructure is an errand they can manage without; Serverless computing relieves that weight.
Despite what the name suggests, Serverless Architecture does have servers. What makes it significant is that you no longer need to maintain those servers.
It allows you to build and run world-class applications & services by putting business logic at the core of your software enabling agile and perpetual improvement in mutual value between you and your customers.
Principally, with serverless architecture, you can put aside all extraneous technicalities and start delivering what you are actually paid for — business features. Just your business logic and boom this is like fantasy isn’t it?
Serverless architecture has been proclaimed as the foundational shift in the software industry.
- The serverless way requires a new way of thinking.
- Traditional architectural patterns may not be suitable.
- Event-driven and distributed patterns work well in this model.
- The architectural model chosen might have to be tweaked and refined.
Earlier, the Serverless Architecture was restricted to applications that incorporate either third-party services “Backend as a Service” (BaaS) or that includes custom codes run in managed & transient containers on a “Functions as a Service” (FaaS) platform.
Lately, event-driven solutions models for serverless architecture and is defined by stateless compute containers.
- One of the renowned examples of Serverless Architecture is AWS Lambda that employs Functions as a service (FaaS) model of cloud computing. In AWS Lambda, once you upload the code, you don’t have to think about the servers. Lambda’s function libraries accelerate the development and handle the capacity, scaling, patching, and administration of the infrastructure to run your code
- Salesforce Heroku, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, and Microsoft Azure’s Platform as a Service (PaaS) architectures simplify applications deployment for you.
Reimagine your Impact
Serverless architecture makes your life easy by benefiting you of significantly reduced operational cost, complexity, and engineering lead time.